I've been working on THE book for over 13 years, compiling research from the world's preeminent refereed journals on learning, memory, and instruction---and refining the research through real-world practice.
Since 1998, I've been implementing what I've learned and sharing practical recommendations with a wide variety of clients, including folks like Walgreens, ADP, Novartis, MIT, Tufts University, Allen Interactions, Pfizer, The Type A Learning Agency, Microsoft, The Defense Intelligence Agency, and many others. By putting the research to the test in a wide variety of real-world situations, I've been able to derive research-based recommendations that really work for learning professionals.
The book is coming along quite well---it's over 450 pages---but there is more to do.
I'm launching this website now to invite you to get involved early.
I can't reveal all of its secrets now, but here's a taste:
- The missing link between learning and performance.
- A new learning-evaluation approach.
- A comprehensive framework that guides our work and redirects the efforts of our organizational partners.
- A call to arms against the mediocre practices in our field.
- A call to arms for a new type of research-based approach---one that invites practical wisdom.
- Utilizing both major aspects of human cognition, not just one (as we do now).
I honestly believe that THE book is going to change the direction of the learning-and-performance field. I'd like you to come along and join me on this journey.
I'm going to be doing something crazy and provocative to get this book off the ground. Can't tell you what it is yet, but it will be an extraordinary opportunity.
In the meantime, I'm going to be revealing little bits and pieces of the book on this website/blog.
Join me for the ride...